Saturday November 16, 1974US date format: 11/16/1974, UK date format: 16/11/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 16, 1974). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Scholes and Brooke Elliott.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Whatever Gets You Thru The Night by John Lennon.
In UK Gonna Make You A Star by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Freebie and the Bean, directed by Richard Rush, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Rhinemann Exchange by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Leutnant vom Schwanenkietz.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 November 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1974!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1974 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Paul Scholes: British footballer.
- Brooke Elliott: TV Actress.
- French Affair
- Andru Donalds
- Kathleen Rose Perkins: Actress.
- Hannah Waddingham: Stage Actress.
- Chad Kroeger: Musician.
- Eric Judy: American bassist (Modest Mouse).
- Maurizio Margaglio: Italian ice-skating world champion with his ice-dance partner Barbara Fusar Poli.
- Walther Meissner: German physicist (Meissner Effect), dies at 91.
- 1st intentional interstellar radio message sent, Arecibo telescope towards M 41, a cluster of stars some 25,000 light years away
- Milwaukee Bucks lose their 11th straight NBA game (team record).
- The Arecibo radio telescope sends an interstellar radio message towards the M13 Great Globular Cluster. The message will reach its destination around the year 27,000.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Lennon - Whatever Gets You Thru The Night
- Do It ('Til You're Satisfied) - B.T. Express
- Bobby Vinton - My Melody Of Love
- America - Tin Man
- John Denver - Back Home Again
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- Neil Diamond - Longfellow Serenade
- Reunion - Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me)
- Carl Carlton - Everlasting Love
- Gordon Lightfoot - Carefree Highway
Top #10 R&B songs
- Shirley Brown - Woman To Woman
- Latimore - Let's Straighten It Out
- Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
- Love Don't Love Nobody - Pt. I - The Spinners
- Party Down - Part 1 - Little Beaver
- B.T. Express - Do It ('til You're Satisfied)
- Tavares - She's Gone
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - I Feel A Song (in My Heart)
- Kool & The Gang - Higher Plane
- Blue Magic - Three Ring Circus
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?