Wednesday 17 April 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Bilba and Adam McKay.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
Yours, Mine and Ours, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Kennedy And Johnson by Evelyn Lincoln was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Drei Frauen im Haus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1968!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 April 1968 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Jim Bilba: French basketball player who won the Euroleague with Limoges CSP in 1993, and the silver medal at the 2000 Summer Olympics with the Men's National Team.
- Adam McKay
- Prince Maurits: of the Netherlands.
- Frank Felber: Austrian astrologer, author of several books on this item, including asteroids and fixed stars, aspects, transits, esoterics and exoterics.
- Maurits : Dutch royal family, the son of Princess Margriets and Prince Pieter van Vollenhoven.
- Julie Fagerholt: Danish fashion designer.
- Phil Henderson: American basketball player and coach (d. 2013).
- Maurits of Orange-Nassau: van Vollenhoven.
- Richie Woodhall: English boxer and trainer.
- Ritchie Woodhall: boxer.
- Margaret Seddon: American astronaut who became a trainee in January 1978 after being selected by NASA.
- Fade Out-Fade In closes at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC after 72 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- Sly and the Family Stone - Dance To The Music
- James Brown - I Got The Feelin'
- Manfred Mann - Mighty Quinn (Quinn The Eskimo)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?