Thursday May 17, 1979
US date format: 5/17/1979, UK date format: 17/5/1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 17, 1979). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Ayda Field and Max Boublil.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Reunited by Peaches & Herb.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Alien, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Linda Goodman'S Love Signs by Linda Goodman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carga Pesada.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Invasion Orion or Bowling.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 17, 1979?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- See more
- Emmy 6th Daytime Award presentation
- Phillies beat Cubs, 23-22, on 50 hits with 11 HRs
- -12 degrees F (-11 degrees C), on top of Mauna Kea, Hawaii (state record).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 17, 1979?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 17If May 17, 1979 is your birthday you're 41 years, 4 months, 9 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 months, 21 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?