Saturday 5 May 1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vincent Kartheiser and Tahiry Jose.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Reunited by Peaches & Herb.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Manhattan, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while A Walk Across America by Peter Jenkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cities.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Heiankyo Alien or Aim for the Ace!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 May 1979 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
Famous Birthdays:05 May
- 105th Kentucky Derby: Ron Franklin on Spectacular Bid wins in 2:02.4.
- Masterpiece Radio Theater begins broadcasting.
- Voyager 1 passes Jupiter.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?