Friday 18 May 1979
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michal Martikan and Kaci Thompson.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Reunited by Peaches & Herb.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
The Brood, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Bronx Zoo by Sparky Lyle and Peter Golenbock was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cities.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Barrier or Tail Gunner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 May 1979 ?
- Kaci Thompson: Miss Nevada Teen USA (1997).
- Michal Martikan: Slovak slalom canoeist.
- Julian Speroni: Argentine footballer.
- Milivoje Novakovic: Slovenian footballer.
- David Nail: American country singer.
- Jens Bergensten: Game Designer.
- Anna Chatziathanassiou: Greek figure skater.
- Mariusz Lewandowski: Polish footballer.
- Michal Martikán: Slovak canoe racer.
- Milivoje Novaković: Slovenian footballer.
- Julián Speroni: Argentinian footballer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?