Friday 17 October 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Franck and Rich Klein.
Limelight, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while East of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Encounter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1952!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 17 October 1952 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Dan Franck
- Rich Klein: American musician, a keyboard player with local groups in the Aspen, Colorado area.
- Howard E Rollins Jr in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; actor (Bannister - Wildside).
- Indonesian troops led by General Nasution surround the presidential palace, seeking the dismissal of the People's Representative Council Sukarno avoids confrontation.
- Alain Bombard begins to sail from the Canary Islands to Barbados in 65 days he reaches them December 23.
- John Bamford, aged 15, rescues victims of a house fire and becomes the youngest person to have been awarded the George Cross.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?