Sunday 18 April 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 18, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
The Losers, directed by Sylvain White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Bite Me by Christopher Moore was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Las Aparicio.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 100 Rogues or Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 April 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 18 April 2010 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 April
- The Dow Live Earth Run for Water started on April 18th. The host cities are: Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Chicago, Hong Kong, Jimbaran, London, Los Angeles, Manchester, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Minneapolis, New York, Lisboa, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Singapore City, Stockholm, Toronto and Washington, D.C.. (Live Earth)
- The Tehran International Conference on Disarmament and Non-Proliferation, 2010 concludes.
- President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says Iran wants ampquotpeace, progress and security for allampquot, asks ampquotsupporters and creatorsampquot of the Israeli–Palestinian conflict to ampquotallow the regional nations and the Palestinians to settle thingsampquot themselves and calls on ampquotalien troopsampquot to leave the region. (Xinhua)
- United States Secretary of Defense Robert Gates says in a secret memo to the White House that the United States would be unable to cope with a nuclear threat from Iran. (''The Times'')
- Air travel disruption after the 2010 eruptions of Eyjafjallajökull:
- Thousands of European flights do not occur for a fourth straight day. (BBC)
- The volcano disrupts the state funeral of Lech Kaczyński, President of Poland, and his wife Maria, killed in a plane crash with 94 others near Smolensk. (''The Times'')
- Dutch airline KLM announces it has carried out a test flight of 20 crew members and no passengers with ampquotno problemsampquot over closed down airspace. (CNN)
- British airspace extends it own closure to flights until at least 06:00 GMT on Monday. (Reuters)
- Israeli airlines estimate losses of millions of shekels in revenue. (''Globes'')
- Benedict and child sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church:
- Pope Benedict XVI concludes his visit to Malta. Reports suggest he is trying to avoid discussing the recent child sex abuse scandal, on his first trip since the scandal broke. (BBC)
- However, he does meet with some of those who survived abuse and expresses ampquotshame and sorrowampquot for their suffering. (Al Jazeera)
- Independence Day in Zimbabwe:
- Zimbabwe marks 30 years of independence from British-backed minority white rule. (Al Jazeera)
- Residents celebrate with all-night parties, though civil rights group Women of Zimbabwe Arise (WOZA) claim four of its members were denied bail after being accused of staging an illegal protest against power cuts and high electricity tariffs, an act they deny they did. (''Zimbabwe Telegraph'')
- President of Zimbabwe Robert Mugabe, in a speech at Harare's stadium, promises to continue his land seizure policy and transfer of control of foreign firms to locals as part of a black empowerment drive. (''The Washington Post'')
- Mugabe also asks that politically and racially driven violence in the country cease to be, the first time he has ever done this. (Al Jazeera)
- President of China Hu Jintao visits survivors in the earthquake zone as the death toll climbs to more than 1,700 people. (BBC)
- The semi-finals of the Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket tournament are moved from Bangalore to Mumbai following the discovery of further explosive devices after yesterday's bombing. (Al Jazeera)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 April 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Fiorentina : 2 - 1
- Bari - Napoli : 1 - 2
- Cagliari - Palermo : 2 - 2
- Catania - Siena : 2 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Dortmund - Hoffenheim : 1 - 1
- Ein Frankfurt - Hertha : 2 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Ahlen - Aachen : 0 - 1
- Fortuna Dusseldorf - Munich 1860 : 2 - 0
- Oberhausen - Cottbus : 4 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Zaragoza : 0 - 0
- La Coruna - Almeria : 0 - 0
- Malaga - Valladolid : 0 - 0
- Real Madrid - Valencia : 2 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Sin Evidencias - Banda MS
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Colgando En Tus Manos - Carlos Baute Con Marta Sanchez
- Carita De Angel - Larry Hernandez
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Savior - Rise Against
- Letter From A Thief - Chevelle
- Muse - Uprising
- Phoenix - 1901
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Muse - Resistance
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The author Stefan Kanfer and May Kanfer, an educator, talk about crosswords. [..]
As Europe grounded most airline flights for a fourth day, desperate airlines ran test flights and pressed aviation authorities to loosen the flight ban. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?