Wednesday 18 February 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Swraj Paul and Toni Morrison in Ohio.
It Pays to Advertise, directed by Frank Tuttle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1931!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1931 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Swraj Paul: Indian / British industrial / multi-millionaire (Caparo).
- Toni Morrison in Ohio: USA; American novelist (Tar Baby, Beloved, Song of Solomon), Nobel Prize laureate.
- Dieter Schonbach: Composer.
- Bob St Clair: American football player.
- Maxwell Thurman: US General.
- Toni Morrison: American writer, winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature on 10/07/1993 and the Pulitzer Prize for her novel of slavery, "Beloved," in 1988. She is the author of African-American literary classics "The Bluest Eye," 1970, "Sula," 1973, "Song of Solomon," 1977, "Tar Baby," 1981, "Beloved," 1987 and "Jazz," 1992.
- Johnny Hart: American cartoonist co-created The Wizard of Id (d. 2007)
- Milan Sufflay: Croatian politician (Born 1879).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 February 1931
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?