Wednesday 18 February 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Toni Morrison and Swraj Paul.
It Pays to Advertise, directed by Frank Tuttle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while A White Bird Flying by Bess Streeter Aldrich was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1931!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 February 1931 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Toni Morrison: American writer, winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature on 10/07/1993 and the Pulitzer Prize for her novel of slavery, "Beloved," in 1988.
- Swraj Paul: Indian / British industrial / multi-millionaire (Caparo).
- Toni Morrison in Ohio: USA; American novelist (Tar Baby, Beloved, Song of Solomon), Nobel Prize laureate.
- Dieter Schonbach: Composer.
- Bob St Clair: American football player.
- Maxwell Thurman: US General.
- Johnny Hart: American cartoonist co-created The Wizard of Id (d. 2007).
- Milan Sufflay: Croatian politician (Born 1879).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?