Monday 2 February 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 2, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dries van Agt and Michel Denis.
Sit Tight, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 February 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1931!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1931 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Dries van Agt: Dutch politician, Prime Minister of the Netherlands from 1977 until 1982.
- Michel Denis: French historian, president of the University of Rennes 2 from 1976 to 1980.
- Dorian Gray: Italian actress, who made her stage debut in 1950, and quickly became a known and acclaimed actress.
- Dries Van Agt: Dutch politician, the Minister of Justice and lèrime Minster of Netherlands 1977 - 1982.
- Andreas "Andries" van Agt Dutch politician: Prime Minister of the Netherlands (CDA, 1977-82).
- John Harney: Canadian educator and politician.
- Judith Viorst: American journalist and author.
- Les Dawson: English comedian and author (d. 1993).
- Theodor Batthynyi: Hungarian contra-revolutionary, dies at age 71.
- 1st siyyum of Talmud celebrated by Daf Yomi students
- 1st use of a rocket to deliver mail (Austria)