Sunday 1 February 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Boris Yeltsin and Mark Richmond.
By Rocket to the Moon, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1931
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1931!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1931 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Boris Yeltsin: Russian politician, elected Chairman of the Russian Republic's Supreme Soviet at the end of May 1990.
- Mark Richmond: CEO (Science and Engineering Research Council).
- Barrel [ABM]: Frinking; teacher/Dutch Member of Parliament (CVP).
- Ton [ABM]: Frinking; Dutch Member of Parliament (CDA).
- Madeline Berthod: Switzerland -- Downhill skier (1956 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Robert Destanque: French writer and filmmaker, an author of thrillers and historical novels.
- Franca Faldini: Italian actress, journalist and writer, famous for being the companion of Totò for 15 years.
- Iajuddin Ahmed: former President of Bangladesh.