Sunday 8 February 1931US date format: 2/8/1931, UK date format: 8/2/1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 8, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Dean and James Dean in Marion.
Sit Tight, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 February 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1931!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1931 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- James Dean: American actor, an instant star in 1955...
- James Dean in Marion: Indiana, USA; American stage/film actor...
- Fernando Solana: Mexican diplomat, politician and...
- Pierre Cazal: France sport Champion.
- Gas explosion, fire in Fushun-coal mine, Manchuria kills 3,000.