Sunday 8 February 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Dean in Marion and James Dean.
Illicit, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1931!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1931 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- James Dean in Marion: Indiana, USA; American stage/film actor (Giant, Rebel Without a Cause) (dies 1955).
- James Dean: American actor, an instant star in 1955 who was nominated for the Best Actor Oscar for his role in "East of Eden," which was followed by "Giant," 1956.
- Fernando Solana: Mexican diplomat, politician and businessman.
- Pierre Cazal: France sport Champion.
- Gas explosion, fire in Fushun-coal mine, Manchuria kills 3,000.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?