Thursday 18 June 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Linda Davidson and Florent Couao-Zotti.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Chapel Of Love by The Dixie Cups.
In UK It's Over by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Masque of the Red Death, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while A Night In Lisbon by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pension Spreewitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1964!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 June 1964 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Linda Davidson: Canadian-British actress, dancer, and businesswoman.
- Florent Couao-Zotti
- Éric Chevillard: French postmodern novelist.
- Thanh Nguyen: Saigon, Vietnam -- 141 lbs US weightlifter (1996 Olympics).
- Uday Hussein: Iraqi politician, son of Saddam Hussein (Born 1964).
- Patti Webster: American publicist and author (d. 2013).
- African Groundnut Council forms in Dakar
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- Barbra Streisand - People
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- The Bachelors - Diane
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?