Tuesday 9 June 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Morgan and Rajesh Hamal.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Chapel Of Love by The Dixie Cups.
In UK You're My World by Cilla Black was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe on Mars, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pension Spreewitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1964 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Michael Morgan: American thief who was given ten years in prison after a 1982 burglary and an additional ten years after a 1989 burglary.
- Rajesh Hamal: Movie Actor.
- Slaid Cleaves: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Gloria Reuben: Canadian-American actress singer and producer.
- Wayman Tisdale: American basketball player and smooth jazz bassist (d. 2009).
- Hiroko Yakushimaru: Japanese actress and singer
- Jack Nicklaus wins British Open golf tournament
- In Federal Court in Kansas City, Kansas, army deserter George John Gessner, 28, is convicted of passing United States secrets to the Soviet Union.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 June 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Little Children
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Barbra Streisand - People
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?