Friday 5 June 1964
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laura Charameda and Mags.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Chapel Of Love by The Dixie Cups.
In UK Don't Throw Your Love Away by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe on Mars, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pension Spreewitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1964 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Laura Charameda: Marshall, Michigan -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Mags: Rocker (Fuzzbox-Into Rescue).
- Lisa Cholodenko: American openly-lesbian film maker, she was director of the popular TV series, "Six Feet Under" and director/Screenwriter for Laurel Canyon (2003).
- Jean-François Remesy: French golfer, who won the French Amateur Championship in 1985 and turned professional in 1987.
- Rick Riordan: Young Adult Author.
- Dukagjin Pupovci: Kosovo-Albanian critic and academic
- Karl Sanders: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Nile)
- Laura Sandys: English journalist and politician
- DSV Alvin is commissioned.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 June 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Little Children
- The Reflections - (Just Like) Romeo And Juliet
- The Beatles - P.S. I Love You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?