Sunday 28 June 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bryan Barker and Susan Mascarin.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to A World Without Love by Peter and Gordon.
In UK It's Over by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Masque of the Red Death, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pension Spreewitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1964 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Bryan Barker: NFL punter (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Susan Mascarin: Detroit, Michigan -- Tennis star.
- Sabrina Ferilli: Italian actress seen in films that are light and fun, such as "The Sky is Always Blue," and "August Holliday.
- Mark Grace: American baseball player, a first baseman for the Chicago Cubs.
- Tommy Sells: American serial killer (d. 2014).
- DJ Quicksilver: Turkish disc jockey and musicians
- Dan Stains: Australian rugby player and coach
- Steve Williamson: English saxophonist and composer (Jazz Warriors)
- King Calder: Actor (Lt Grey-Martin Kane Private Eye), dies at 64.
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Waldemar Golf Open
- Organization for Afro-American Unity forms in New York by Malcolm X.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 June 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- Barbra Streisand - People
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Bad To Me
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?