Wednesday 24 June 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Luc Delarue and Philippe Fargeon.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to A World Without Love by Peter and Gordon.
In UK It's Over by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Masque of the Red Death, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while A Day In The Life Of President Kennedy by Jim Bishop was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pension Spreewitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1964!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 June 1964 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Jean-Luc Delarue: French television producer and presenter, he began his television career as a copywriter.
- Philippe Fargeon: French international football player, he played for Auxerre, Bordeaux, and Servette Football Club (Geneva).
- Gary Suter: Madison, Wisconsin -- NHL defenseman (Chicago Blackhawks, USA).
- Maryse Burgot: French journalist and international reporter, born in Combourg (well-known town thanks to Chateaubriand, famous french writer).
- David Daniel: Jockey.
- Thierry Eliez: French jazz organist and pianist.
- Kathryn Parminter: Baroness Parminter English politician.
- FTC rules health warnings must appear on all cigarette packages
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- Barbra Streisand - People
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Bad To Me
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?