Saturday 28 February 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ricky "Dragon" Steamboat [Richard Blood] and Ingo Hoffman.
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while A Man Called Peter by Catherine Marshall was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Romper Room and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1953 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Ricky "Dragon" Steamboat [Richard Blood]: Wrestler (NWA / WWF / WCW / AWA).
- Ingo Hoffman: Brazilian race car driver for Emerson Fittipaldi.
- Ricky Steamboat: American professional wrestler.
- Ingo Hoffmann: Brazilian race car driver.
- Paul Krugman: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Jim Thorpe: American professional athlete who won awards in over seven events; 100 Meter Dash, the 1500 Meter Run, the Broad Jump, the Discuss, the 100 Meter Hurdle, the High Jump and the Shot Put.
- Stalin meets with Beria, Bulganin, Khrushchev and Malenkov
- James D. Watson and Francis Crick announce to friends that they have determined the chemical structure of DNA; the formal announcement takes place on April 25 following publication in April's Nature (pub. April 2).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?