Tuesday 18 May 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Felix MH Troch and Joe Bonsall in Philadelphia.
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Barney Blake, Police Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1948!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1948 ?
- Felix MH Troch: Flemish actor / director (Gekkenbriefje).
- Joe Bonsall in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; country singer (Oak Ridge Boys - "Elvira").
- Yi Munyol: South Korean writer.
- Rainer Witulski: German mathematician, educator, businessman, programmer, part-time astrologer.
- Charlie Mitchell: Soccer Player.
- Yi Mun-yol: South Korean author and academic
- Richard Swedberg: Swedish sociologist and academic
- Tom Udall: American lawyer and politician 28th New Mexico Attorney General
- Ballet Ballads opens at Music Box Theater NYC for 62 performances
- Arab Legion captures fort on Mount Scopus.
- Saudi Arabia joins invasion of Israel.
- The First Legislative Yuan of the Republic of China officially convenes in Nanking.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 May 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Happiness - Jon & Sandra Steele
- Tell Me a Story - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?