Wednesday 12 May 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Winwood and Lindsay Crouse.
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Barney Blake, Police Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 May 1948 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Steve Winwood: British musician, a singer, composer and producer.
- Lindsay Crouse: American actress.
- Lindsay Ann Crouse in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Slapshot, Iceman, Places in Heart).
- Joe Tasker: British mountaineer (d. 1982).
- David Heineman: American politician, current governor of Nebraska.
- Dave Heineman: American captain and politician 39th Governor of Nebraska.
- Isidor Achron: Composer, dies at 55.
- Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands resigns.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?