Sunday 23 May 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Myriam Boyer and Fred Opmeer.
The Counterfeiters, directed by Peter Stewart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Bishop's Mantle by Agnes Sligh Turnbull was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 May 1948 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Myriam Boyer: French actress, daughter of an Italian actress.
- Fred Opmeer: Dutch physician, astrologer and researcher.
- Reggie Cleveland: Canadian-American baseball player.
- Joe DiMaggio hits three consecutive homeruns.
- Ramat Rahel gateway to Jerusalem is repossessed by Israel.
- Thomas C. Wasson, US Consul-General assassinated in Jerusalem.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You Can't be True, Dear - Vera Lynn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?