Saturday 29 May 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Linda Esther Gray and Michael Berkley.
The Counterfeiters, directed by Peter Stewart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching We, the People.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1948!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1948 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Linda Esther Gray: Opera singer.
- Michael Berkley: Composer / broadcaster.
- Anthony Geary in Coalville: Utah, USA; actor (Luke/Bill - General Hospital).
- François De Singly: French sociologist and professor of sociology at Paris Descartes University.
- Nick Mancuso: Italian-Canadian TV actor, best known for his roles in "Scruples" and "Stingray.
- Jean-Marie Matt: French criminal who murdered the wife and child of his wife's lover on 14 February 2000. He committed suicide on 11 or 12 March 2000 in Miami, Florida.
- Michael Berkeley: English composer and radio host
- Linda Gray: Scottish soprano and educator
- Keith Gull: English microbiologist and academic
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 May 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?