Saturday 29 May 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nick Mancuso and Linda Esther Gray.
The Counterfeiters, directed by Peter Stewart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Bishop's Mantle by Agnes Sligh Turnbull was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching We, the People.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 May 1948 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Nick Mancuso: Italian-Canadian TV actor, best known for his roles in "Scruples" and "Stingray.
- Linda Esther Gray: Opera singer.
- Michael Berkley: Composer / broadcaster.
- Anthony Geary in Coalville: Utah, USA; actor (Luke/Bill - General Hospital).
- François De Singly: French sociologist and professor of sociology at Paris Descartes University.
- Jean-Marie Matt: French criminal who murdered the wife and child of his wife's lover on 14 February 2000.
- Michael Berkeley: English composer and radio host.
- Linda Gray: Scottish soprano and educator.
- Keith Gull: English microbiologist and academic.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?