Sunday 17 August 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 17, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter McDougall and Sylvia Nasar.
The October Man, directed by Roy Ward Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Walter Compton News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1947!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1947 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Peter McDougall
- Carol Moseley Braun: Politician.
- Sylvia Nasar: German-American journalist author and academic.
- Jennifer Rhodes: American actress.
- Gary Talley: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Box Tops).
- The Radcliffe Line, the border between Union of India and Dominion of Pakistan is revealed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Lady from Twenty-Nine Palms - Tony Pastor & His Orchestra
- The Lady from 29 Palms - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra