Saturday 18 October 1930US date format: 10/18/1930, UK date format: 18/10/1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 18, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Drach and Hubert Coppenrath.
Way for a Sailor, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 October 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1930 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Michel Drach: French film director, writer, producer and actor.
- Hubert Coppenrath
- Frank Carlucci: National Security Adviser / Secretary of Defense (1987-89).
- Gérard Houteer: Douai Journalist.
- Robert Atkins: Celebrity.
- Esther Hautzig: Lithuanian-American author (d. 2009).
- Flora Fraser: 21st Lady Saltoun Scottish politician.
- Jimmy Breslin: Entertainer.
- Joseph Sylvester becomes first jockey to win 7 races in one day.