Wednesday 18 November 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Goizueta and Francis Lacassin.
Possessed, directed by Joan Crawford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1931!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1931 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Robert Goizueta: Cuban-American chemical engineer and CEO of Coca-Cola, a beverage bottling company.
- Francis Lacassin: French journalist, editor, writer, screenplay writer and essayist.
- Raimondo Orsini: Italian royalty, a member of a noble family who were prominent from the 11th century with popes and statesmen.
- Gene Tunney: American noted family, the elder son of Gene Tunney and his wife Josephine.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?