Saturday 19 April 1902
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Julie Baum and Veniamin Kaverin.
Uncle Josh at the Moving Picture Show, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1902!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1902 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Julie Baum: German-American astrologer who came to the U.S.
- Veniamin Kaverin: Russian author and screenwriter (d. 1989).
- 6th Boston Marathon won by Sam Mellor of New York in 2:43:12.
- A magnitude 7.5 earthquake rocks Guatemala, killing 2,000.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1902 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- On a Sunday Afternoon - J.W. Myers
- Sousa's Band - Semper Fidelis