Wednesday 2 April 1902
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rodolphe Peugeot and Danilo Svara.
Uncle Josh at the Moving Picture Show, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 April 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1902!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1902 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Rodolphe Peugeot: French industrialist, an auto manufacturer and executive.
- Danilo Svara: composer.
- Harry Foster: Canadian Army officer who commanded two Canadian army divisions during World War II.
- Jan Tschichold: German-Swiss graphic designer and typographer (d. 1974).
- Esther Morris: suffragist and first female American judge (Born 1814).
- 1st motion picture theater opens (LA)
- ''Electric Theatre'', the first full-time movie theater in the United States, opens in Los Angeles, California.