Monday 19 April 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gene Leis and Frank Fontaine.
A Man There Was, directed by Victor Sjstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Re-Creation of Brian Kent by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1920!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1920 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Frank Fontaine: Cambridge, Massachusetts -- Comedian (Crazy Guggenheim).
- Gene Leis: American guitarist composer and producer (d. 1993).
- Marvin Mandel: American lawyer and politician 56th Governor of Maryland (d. 2015).
- John O'Neil: American baseball player and manager (d. 2012).
- Julien Ries: Belgian cardinal (d. 2013).
- 24th Boston Marathon won by Peter Trivoulidas of Greece in 2:29:31.
- The 1920 Summer Olympics opens in Antwerp, Belgium
- Germany and Bolshevist Russia agree to the exchange of prisoners of war.
- Mexican Revolution: Álvaro Obregón announces in Chilpancingo that he intends to fight against the rule of Venustiano Carranza.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Was There Ever a Pal Like You? - Henry Burr
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Alice Blue Gown - Edith Day (Rosario Bourdon Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?