Monday 19 April 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gene Leis and Frank Fontaine.
Snowbound, directed by Ruben Preuss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1920!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1920 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Frank Fontaine: Cambridge, Massachusetts -- Comedian (Crazy Guggenheim).
- Gene Leis: American guitarist composer and producer (d. 1993).
- Marvin Mandel: American lawyer and politician 56th Governor of Maryland (d. 2015).
- John O'Neil: American baseball player and manager (d. 2012).
- Julien Ries: Belgian cardinal (d. 2013).
- 24th Boston Marathon won by Peter Trivoulidas of Greece in 2:29:31.
- The 1920 Summer Olympics opens in Antwerp, Belgium
- Germany and Bolshevist Russia agree to the exchange of prisoners of war.
- Mexican Revolution: Álvaro Obregón announces in Chilpancingo that he intends to fight against the rule of Venustiano Carranza.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- That Naughty Waltz - Columbia Orchestra
- Just Like a Gypsy - Nora Bayes
- Elder Eatmore's Sermon on Generosity - Bert Williams
- Chloe - Al Jolson
- That Tumble-Down Shack in Athlone - John McCormack