Friday March 19, 1982
US date format: 3/19/1982, UK date format: 19/3/1982
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 19, 1982). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Nicole Ferroni and Malin Olsson.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Love Rock 'N Roll by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts.
In UK The Lion Sleeps Tonight by Tight Fit was in the top 5 hits.
The Man from Snowy River, directed by George Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Witness To Power by John Ehrlichman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Los gozos y las sombras.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Defender or Fort Apocalypse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 19, 1982?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- See more
- National Guard jet tanker crashes killing 27.
- Falklands War: Argentinian forces land on South Georgia Island, precipitating war with the United Kingdom.
- Randy Rhoads: American musician.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 19, 1982?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 19If March 19, 1982 is your birthday you're 38 years, 6 months, 7 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 5 months, 21 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?