Sunday 17 April 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 17, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Thor, directed by Kenneth Branagh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Rawhide Down by Del Quentin Wilber was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Babysitter's a Vampire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Centipede: Infestation or Dead Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 17 April 2011 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 April
- At least four people are shot dead by security forces during anti-government protests in Syria. (AFP via Channel News Asia)
- 2011 Libyan civil war
- Rebel forces in Libya regain the town of Ajdabiya. (Al Jazeera)
- Heavy fighting continues in Misrata with reports of seventeen people dying. (AP via ''Houston Chronicle'')
- NATO announces that eight soldiers from member countries died in fighting in Afghanistan. (AP via Fox News)
- Fourteen people claimed to be responsible for shooting 52 protestors in Sana’a in March are referred to the state prosecutor. (Al-Arabiya)
- China raises its bank reserves requirements as an anti-inflation move, an increase of 50 basis points (half of a percent) effective April 21. (''Financial Times'')
- Oman is to spend 1 billion rials in an attempt to prevent further anti-government protests. (IOL)
- The United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton visits Japan to announce US assistance for the recovery effort following the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. (BBC)
- More than forty people die in the Mid-April 2011 Southern United States tornado outbreak, with North Carolina being the worst affected state. (CNN)
- At least twelve people are killed in a severe storm in China's Guangdong Province. (''The Telegraph'')
- Police in China detain dozens of underground Protestant church followers in Beijing. (''Hong Kong Standard'')
- The National Coalition Party wins the Finnish parliamentary election (44 seats), with the True Finns, third-place finishers, emerging as a new major political party (39 seats). Biggest losers are the Centre Party (36 seats) coalition talks will probably be held between the Coalition, the True Finns and the Social Democrats (42 seats). (YLE)
- Goodluck Jonathan will be reelected as President of Nigeria based on unofficial results in the presidential election. (''The Guardian'')
- The Supreme Leader of Iran Ayatollah Ali Khamenei refuses to accept the resignation of Intelligence Chief Heyder Moslehi. (AFP via Google)
- The 17th edition of the CAF African Youth Championship begins in South Africa. (BBC)
- Lewis Hamilton of McLaren wins the 2011 Chinese Grand Prix. (Super Sport)
- Emmanuel Mutai wins the London Marathon, setting a new course record. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 April 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Catania - Lazio : 1 - 4
- Cesena - Bari : 1 - 0
- Chievo - Bologna : 2 - 0
- Fiorentina - Juventus : 0 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Leverkusen : 5 - 1
- Dortmund - Freiburg : 3 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Erzgebirge Aue : 1 - 5
- Bielefeld - Oberhausen : 3 - 3
- Greuther Furth - Paderborn : 2 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Espanol - Ath Madrid : 2 - 2
- La Coruna - Santander : 2 - 0
- Levante - Hercules : 2 - 1
- Osasuna - Ath Bilbao : 1 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Down On Me - Jeremih Featuring 50 Cent
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Where You At - Jennifer Hudson
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- El Padrino - Joan Sebastian
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- Country Song - Seether
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - Shinedown
- The Black Keys - Howlin' For You
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?