Monday 19 August 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Stamos in Cypress and Yip Sai Wing.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Fingertips - Pt 2 by Little Stevie Wonder.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
A Ticklish Affair, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ready, Steady, Go!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1963 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- John Stamos in Cypress: California, USA; actor (General Hospital, Full House).
- Yip Sai Wing: Hong Kong musician (Beyond).
- Patrick Pelloux: French doctor, emergency physician and union activist, widely known for his role during the 2003 heat wave (in August).
- John Stamos: TV Actor.
- Joey Tempest: rocker (Europe - "The Final Countdown").
- Kathleen Parlow: Canadian violinist (Born 1890).
- NAACP Youth Council begins sit-ins at lunch counters, Oklahoma City
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 August 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- Randy and the Rainbows - Denise
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?