Sunday 19 July 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alexandra Curtis and Gina Procaccio.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Rag Doll by The 4 Seasons.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Marnie, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1964!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1964 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Alexandra Curtis: Model / Daughter of Christine Kaufmann.
- Gina Procaccio: Drexel Hills, Pennsylvania -- 5k runner.
- Teresa Edwards: Cairo, Georgia -- Basketball forward (1984, 88, 92, 96 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Andre A Jackson: French-born American diamond executive.
- Masahiko Kondo: Japanese singer, actor and racing driver.
- André Jackson: French businessman
- Masahiko Kondō: Japanese singer-songwriter actor and race car driver
- Mark Wigglesworth: English conductor
- Carol Veazie: Actress (Maude-Norby), dies at 69.
- 46th PGA Championship: Bobby Nichols shoots a 271 at Columbus Country Club - Ohio
- Vietnam War: at a rally in Saigon, South Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Khanh calls for expanding the war into North Vietnam.
- Vietnam War: Viet Cong forces attack a provincial capital, killing 11 South Vietnamese military personnel and 40 civilians (30 of which are children).
- The National Movement of the Revolution is instituted as the sole legal political party in the Republic of Congo.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- The Dave Clark Five - Can't You See That She's Mine
- Stan Getz - The Girl From Ipanema
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- The Impressions - Keep On Pushing
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?