Monday 19 August 1985
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lindsey Jacobellis and Megan Rochell.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Power Of Love by Huey Lewis & The News.
In UK Into The Groove by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Teen Wolf, directed by Rod Daniel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Skeleton Crew by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Beyond 2000.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baraduke or Quake Minus One.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1985!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 August 1985 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Bryan Adams - Summer Of '69
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Heart - What About Love?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?