Friday December 19, 1986
US date format: 12/19/1986, UK date format: 19/12/1986
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 19, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Ryan Babel and Dustin Fitzsimons.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Walk Like An Egyptian by Bangles.
In UK The Final Countdown by Europe was in the top 5 hits.
Witchboard, directed by Kevin Tenney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while The Golden Cup by Belva Plain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Little Vampire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 720° or King's Quest III: To Heir Is Human.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 19, 1986?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- USSR frees dissident Andrei Sakharov from internal exile
- Michael Sergio, who parachuted into Shea Stadium during game six of the World Series, sentenced to 100 hours of community service and fined $500.
- Jack Morris agrees to salary arbitration with former team Detroit Tigers and accuses owners of collusion against free agency.
- Mikhail Gorbachev, leader of the Soviet Union, releases Andrei Sakharov and his wife from internal exile in Gorky.
- V C Andrews: American author (Born 1923).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 19, 1986?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian
- Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is
- Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight
- Duran Duran - Notorious
- Gregory Abbott - Shake You Down
- Billy Idol - To Be A Lover
- Huey Lewis and the News - Hip To Be Square
- Robbie Nevil - C'est La Vie
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
- Peter Cetera - The Next Time I Fall
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Sport Games on December 19, 1986
- Los Angeles Rams - San Francisco 49ers : 14 - 24
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next December 19If December 19, 1986 is your birthday you're 33 years, 9 months, 10 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 2 months, 20 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on December 19, 1986?
On December 19, 1986 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is December 19, 1986?
On December 19, 1986 the zodiac sign was Sagittarius.
Who was the US President on December 19, 1986?
On December 19, 1986 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on December 19, 1986?
On December 19, 1986 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on December 19, 1986?
On December 19, 1986 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on December 19, 1986?
On December 19, 1986 several famous people were born including, Ryan Babel, Dustin Fitzsimons, Miguel Lopes.
Which famous people died on December 19, 1986?
Famous people died on December 19, 1986 include, V C Andrews.
What was the number one song in December 19, 1986?
The number one song in the week of December 19, 1986 was Walk Like An Egyptian by Bangles in US and The Final Countdown by Europe in UK.
What were the top hits on December 19, 1986?
The top hits on December 19, 1986 were Walk Like An Egyptian by Bangles, The Way It Is by Bruce Hornsby, Everybody Have Fun Tonight by Wang Chung in US and The Final Countdown by Europe, Caravan Of Love by The Housemartins, Reet Petite by Jackie Wilson in UK.