Tuesday 23 December 1986
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include TJ Oshie and Beau Champion.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Walk Like An Egyptian by Bangles.
In UK The Final Countdown by Europe was in the top 5 hits.
Platoon, directed by Oliver Stone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while His Way by Kitty Kelley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vasko da Gama ot selo Rupcha.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Druid or Fast Tracks: The Computer Slot Car Construction Kit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1986!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1986 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- TJ Oshie: American ice hockey player.
- Beau Champion: Australian rugby player.
- T Oshie: American ice hockey player.
- Noël Wells: American actress.
- Rutan andYeager make 1st around-the-world flight without refueling
- Voyager, piloted by Dick Rutan and Jeana Yeager, lands at Edwards Air Force Base in California becoming the first aircraft to fly non-stop around the world without aerial or ground refueling.
- Voyager airplane completes the first nonstop circumnavigation of the earth by air without refueling in 9 days, 3 minutes and 44 seconds.
- Voyager completes the first nonstop circumnavigation of the earth by air without refueling in 9 days, 3 minutes and 44 seconds.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian
- Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight
- Duran Duran - Notorious
- Gregory Abbott - Shake You Down
- Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is
- Robbie Nevil - C'est La Vie
- Janet Jackson - Control
- War (Live) - Bruce Springsteen
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
- The Pretenders - Don't Get Me Wrong
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?