Wednesday December 31, 1986, NewYear’s Eve
US date format: 12/31/1986, UK date format: 31/12/1986
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 31, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Bronson Pelletier and Nate Freiman.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Say You, Say Me by Lionel Richie.
In UK West End Girls by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Hotshot, directed by Rick King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Unnatural Causes.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Genpei Tōma Den or The Colour of Magic.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 31, 1986?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Dupont Plaza Hotel fire in San Juan, Puerto Rico kills 97
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 31, 1986?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Europe - The Final Countdown
- Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
- Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love For You
- The Housemartins - Caravan Of Love
- Shakin' Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone
- Jackie Wilson - Reet Petite
- Bronski Beat - Hit That Perfect Beat
- Erasure - Sometimes
- A-ha - The Sun Always Shines On TV
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From 'Top Gun')
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?