Monday 19 July 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kathleen Raine and Evelyn Glennie.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones.
In UK I'm Alive by The Hollies was in the top 5 hits.
Kwaidan, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Don'T Stop The Carnival by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1965!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1965 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Kathleen Raine: Equestrian dressage (1996 Olympics).
- Evelyn Glennie: Scottish musician, a highly noted deaf percussionist, a consummate musician who is recognized as the "First Lady" of solo percussion.
- Stuart Scott: American sportscaster.
- Claus-Dieter Wollitz: German footballer and manager.
- Syngman Rhee: Korean politician, a leading figure in the movement for Korean independence from Japan; in political exile for 35 years.
- Shooting begins on Star Trek 2nd pilot Where No Man Has Gone Before
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Ian Whitcomb - You Turn Me On (Turn On Song)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?