Monday October 19, 1970
US date format: 10/19/1970, UK date format: 19/10/1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 19, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Chris Kattan and Kacey Ainsworth.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I'll Be There by Jackson 5.
In UK Band Of Gold by Freda Payne was in the top 5 hits.
Scrooge, directed by Ronald Neame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Timeslip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 19, 1970?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
- Rothschilds opens at Lunt-Fontanne Theater NYC for 505 performances
- Amdahl Corp forms at Sunnyvale, California
- Lazaro Cardenas: President of Mexico (Born 1895).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 19, 1970?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- James Brown - Super Bad (Part 1 & Part 2)
- Charles Wright - Express Yourself
- Four Tops - Still Water (Love)
- Candi Staton - Stand By Your Man
- Wilson Pickett - Engine Number 9
- The Three Degrees - I Do Take You
- The Temptations - Ungena Za Ulimwengu (Unite The World)
- Freda Payne - Deeper & Deeper
- 100 Proof Aged in Soul - Somebody's Been Sleeping
Sport Games on October 19, 1970
- Washington Redskins - Oakland Raiders : 20 - 34
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 19If October 19, 1970 is your birthday you're 49 years, 11 months, 2 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 28 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free