Monday 19 September 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcus and Richard Burmer.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Yellow Rose Of Texas by Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
Killer's Kiss, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Gift From The Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Robin Hood.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1955!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1955 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Marcus: American kidnapping victim, taken from the hospital when he was three days old and returned, unharmed, a week later.
- Richard Burmer: American composer and engineer (d. 2006).
- Rex Smith: American singer guitarist and actor.
- Cubs slugger Ernie Banks hits record 5th grand slam of season
- Hurricane Hilda, kills 200 in Mexico
- September 21 ampndash The President of Argentina, Juan Peron, is ousted in a military coup.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?