Wednesday 19 October 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sabine Haudepin and Lonnie Shelton.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Oklahoma!, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Why Johnny Can'T Read by Rudolf Franz Flesch was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grand Ole Opry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1955!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 19 October 1955 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Sabine Haudepin
- Lonnie Shelton
- Lonnie Shelton NBA forward (New York Knick: Seattle Supersonics).
- Pat Klous in Hutchinson: Kansas, USA; actress (Marcy - Flying High, Judy - The Love Boat).
- Melpo Kosti: Greek actress.
- Dan Gutman: Children's Author.
- LaSalle Ishii: Japanese actor and director.
- Pat Klous: Hutchinson, Kansas -- Actress (Marcy-Flying High, Judy-Love Boat).
- John Hodiak: American actor in radio and film who first worked as a radio actor in Chicago before landing a contract with MGM.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?