Wednesday 21 September 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rebecca Balding and Mika Kaurismaki.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Yellow Rose Of Texas by Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
The Trouble with Harry, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Brave Eagle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1955!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1955 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Rebecca Balding: Little Rock, Arkansas -- Actress (Carla-Lou Grant, Soap).
- Mika Kaurismaki: Finnish director.
- Richard J Hieb in Jamestown North Dakota USA astronaut (STS 39 Sk: STS 49).
- Francois Cluzet: French actor.
- François Cluzet: French film and theatre actor, best known in the English-speaking world for starring in the 2006 French film "Tell No One" (directed by Guillaume Canet), based on the novel of the same name by the American author Harlan Coben.
- Gulshan Grover: Indian actor and singer
- Richard Hieb: American engineer and astronaut
- Mika Kaurismäki: Finnish director producer and screenwriter
- Last allied occupying troops leave Austria
- Rocky Marciano KOs Archie Moore in 9 for heavyweight boxing title
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 September 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?