Tuesday 13 September 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dennis Harness and Colin Moynihan.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't That A Shame by Pat Boone.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
Journey to Italy, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Why Johnny Can'T Read by Rudolf Franz Flesch was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Navy Log.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1955!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 13 September 1955 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Dennis Harness: American sidereal pro astrologer who began his practice c. 1975 and worked full time pro from 1988.
- Colin Moynihan: 4th Baron Moynihan English rower and politician Minister for Sport and the Olympics.
- Joe Morris: American guitarist and composer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?