Thursday 19 September 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jimmy Bower and Monica Crowley.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Harper Valley P.T.A. by Jeannie C. Riley.
In UK Hey Jude by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Charly, directed by Ralph Nelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching How We Used to Live.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1968!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1968 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Jimmy Bower: American drummer and songwriter (Down Crowbar Superjoint Ritual Eyehategod Clearlight and Corrosion of Conformity).
- Monica Crowley: American talk show host and author.
- Cornerstone laying ceremony is held for construction of the fourth Philadelphia Mint building.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 September 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Deep Purple - Hush
- The 1910 Fruitgum Company - 1,2,3 Red Light
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Fool On The Hill
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- Aretha Franklin - The House That Jack Built
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?