Friday September 19, 1986
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 19, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Doughty and Grete Eliassen.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Stuck With You by Huey Lewis & The News.
In UK Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards was in the top 5 hits.
Tough Guys, directed by Jeff Kanew, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while When All You'Ve Ever Wanted Isn'T Enough by Harold S. Kushner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grand Prix der Volksmusik.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Big Trouble in Little China or Brataccas.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 September 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1986!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1986 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Chris Doughty
- Grete Eliassen
- Chase Rice: Country Singer.
- Leon Best: English footballer.
- Gerald Ciolek: German cyclist.
- Ken Gushi: Japanese race car driver.
- Lauren Goodger: Reality Star.
- Mandy Musgrave: American actress and singer.
- Ilya Salmanzadeh: Swedish singer-songwriter and producer.
- Ryan Succop: American football player.
- Peter Vack: American actor and screenwriter.
- Omar Khadr: Canadian terrorist.
- Sally Pearson: Runner.
- Vivian Duncan: Entertainer (Duncan Sisters).
- Captain EO with Michael Jackson premieres
- Dean Jones scores 210 vs. India at Madras
- Fed health officials announce AZT will be available to AIDS patients
- Chicago White Sox player Joe Crowley no-hits California Angels, 7-1.
- US Federal health officals announce AZT will be available to AIDS patients.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Miami Sound Machine - Words Get In The Way
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
- Bananarama - Venus
- Glass Tiger - Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
- Daryl Hall - Dreamtime
- Regina - Baby Love
Top #10 R&B songs
- Oran 'Juice' Jones - The Rain
- Levert - (Pop Pop Pop Pop) Goes My Mind
- All Cried Out - Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam With Full Force Featuring Paul Anthony & Bow Legged Lou
- Janet Jackson - When I Think Of You
- Gwen Guthrie - Ain't Nothin' Goin' On But The Rent
- Cameo - Word Up
- Ashford & Simpson - Count Your Blessings
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
- Earth Angel (From "The Karate Kid, Part II") - New Edition
- El DeBarge - Love Always
Top #10 Latin songs
Top #5 songs in the UK
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?