Wednesday 20 February 1901
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include René Dubos and Ali Muhammad Naguib.
while Eben Holden by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1901!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1901 ?
- René Dubos: French-American biologist and author (d. 1982).
- Ali Muhammad Naguib: Khartoum -- President of Egypt (1952-54).
- Cecil H King: Irish / British daily newspaper publisher (Daily Mirror).
- Henry Eyring: Mexican / US chemist.
- Cecil Harmsworth King: English newspaper owner (d. 1987).
- Rene Dubos: French biologist, bacteriologist, and author, known as the father of antibiotics.
- Ren? Dub0S: St-Brice physician.
- Louis Kahn: American architect designed the Salk Institute the Kimbell Art Museum and the Bangladesh Parliament Building (d. 1974).
- Muhammad Naguib: Egyptian general and politician 1st President of Egypt (d. 1984).
- Ramakrishna Rao of Bobbili: Indian lawyer and politician (d. 1978).
- 1st territorial legislature of Hawaii convenes
- The legislature of Hawaii Territory convenes for the first time.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1901 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- William Tell Overture: Finale - Sousa's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?