Friday February 01, 1901
US date format: 2/1/1901, UK date format: 1/2/1901
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 1, 1901). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Clark Gable and Frank Buckles.
The Ghost Train, directed by Walter Forde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 01, 1901?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 01, 1901?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sousa's Band - The Bride Elect: March
- Sousa's Band - The Stars and Stripes Forever (new version)
- Byron G. Harlan - When the Harvest Days Are Over