Tuesday 20 February 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 20, 1962). The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Quinon and Hatice Aslan.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Duke Of Earl by Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler).
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Ring of Terror, directed by Clark L. Paylow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while The End Of The Battle by Evelyn Waugh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sara and Hoppity.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 February 1962
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1962!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1962 ?
- Pierre Quinon: French pole vaulter who won the 1984 Olympic Games pole vault gold medal and held the pole vault outdoor world record for just four days in the summer of 1983.
- Hatice Aslan
- Ria Coyne: Scranton, Pennsylvania -- Comedienne (Betsy-Batman Forever).
- Ria Coyne in Scranton: Pennsylvania, USA; comedienne (Betsy - Batman Forever).
- Adam Schreiber: NFL center / guard (Atlanta Falcons, New York Giants).
- Kenn Nesbitt: American children's author.
- Dwayne McDuffie: American author screenwriter and producer co-founded Milestone Media (d. 2011).
- Diane Bergerac: American noted family, her parents are actors Dorothy Malone and Jacques Bergerac.
- Joel Ellis: Rocker.
- Halliwell Hobbes: Dies at 64.
- John Glenn is 1st American to orbit Earth (Friendship 7)
- NASA's Friendship 7 space craft is launched, with Colonel John Glenn as first American to orbit Earth. The craft makes three orbits in five hours.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- The Wanderer - Dion
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- The Twist - Chubby Checker
- Hey! Baby - Bruce Channel
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- Peppermint Twist - Part 1 - Joey Dee & the Starliters
- The Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
- Gary (U.S.) Bonds - Dear Lady Twist
- Burl Ives - A Little Bitty Tear
Top #10 R&B songs
- Gene Chandler - Duke Of Earl
- Lost Someone - James Brown And The Famous Flames
- The Shirelles - Baby It's You
- The Ikettes - I'm Blue (The Gong-Gong Song)
- The Twist - Chubby Checker
- Barbara George - I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)
- Letter Full Of Tears - Gladys Knight And The Pips
- Let Me In - The Sensations
- Dear Lady Twist - Gary U.S. Bonds
- Bobby Bland - Turn On Your Love Light
Top #5 songs in the UK
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?