Tuesday 6 February 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Axl Rose [William Bailey] in Lafayette and W Axl Rose.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Peppermint Twist - Part 1 by Joey Dee & the Starliters.
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while The Judas Tree by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Room for One More.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1962!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1962 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Axl Rose [William Bailey] in Lafayette: Indiana, USA; rocker (Guns and Roses).
- W Axl Rose: American singer (Guns N' Roses).
- José Blanco Lopez: Spanish politician and member of the Spanish legislature, first elected to the Senate in 1986.
- Axl Rose: Rock Singer.
- Stavros Lambrinidis: Greek lawyer and politician Minister of Foreign Affairs for Greece.
- Schoolman Athletic Field in the Bronx named
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Barbara George - I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- Burl Ives - A Little Bitty Tear
- Gary (U.S.) Bonds - Dear Lady Twist
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?