Sunday 11 February 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Kolden in Torrance and Sheryl Crow in Kennett.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Peppermint Twist - Part 1 by Joey Dee & the Starliters.
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Room for One More.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1962!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1962 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Scott Kolden in Torrance: California, USA; actor (Scott - Me and the Chimp).
- Sheryl Crow in Kennett: Missouri, USA; singer/songwriter ("All I Wanna Do", "If It Makes You Happy").
- Sheryl Crow: American musician, singer, and songwriter.
- Tammy Baldwin: American lawyer and politician.
- Bestia Salvaje: Mexican wrestler (d. 2008).
- Eric Vanderaerden: Belgian cyclist
- Beatles record Please, Please Me
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Barbara George - I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- Burl Ives - A Little Bitty Tear
- Gary (U.S.) Bonds - Dear Lady Twist
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?