Friday 2 February 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael T Weiss and Andy Fordham.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Peppermint Twist - Part 1 by Joey Dee & the Starliters.
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while My Life In Court by Louis Nizer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Room for One More.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1962!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 February 1962 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Michael T Weiss: American actor.
- Andy Fordham: English darts player.
- Philippe Claudel: French author director and screenwriter.
- Victoire Castellane: French jewellery designer who lives and works in Paris.
- Luke Johnson: English businessman.
- Paul Kilgus: American baseball player.
- Ben Testerman in Knoxville: Tennessee, USA; tennis star.
- Michael T Weiss in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Jarod - Pretender, Dr Michael Horton - Days of Our Lives).
- Shlomo Hestrin: Canadian-born Israeli biochemist (Born 1914).
- 8 of 9 planets align for 1st time in 400 years
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- Barbara George - I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- The Shirelles - Baby It's You
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?