Sunday 25 February 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Foster Emerson Sylvers and Cammy Ciarelli in Iowa City.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Duke Of Earl by Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler).
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Walk on the Wild Side, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Benny Hill.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 February 1962!
Which were the important events of 25 February 1962 ?
- Blessed Romeo
- Kuwait's national day.
- People Power Day, special holiday in the Philippines.
- Saint Klaudian
- Saint Walburgis
- Saint Adeltrude
- Saint Cesar
- Foster Emerson Sylvers: Rocker.
- Cammy Ciarelli in Iowa City: Iowa, USA; WPVA volleyball player (Best of Beach-second-1995).
- Birgit Fischer: in German Democratic Republic; 500 metre kayaker (Olympics-gold-1980).
- John Lanchester: German-English journalist and author.
- Faron Moller: Canadian-English computer scientist and academic.
- Andres Siim: Estonian architect
- Foster Sylvers: American singer-songwriter bass player and producer (The Sylvers)
- Wilhelm Pessler: German sociologist, dies at age 81.
- Robert Kennedy visits Netherlands
- India Congress Party wins elections.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 February 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- The Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
- Gary (U.S.) Bonds - Dear Lady Twist
- Burl Ives - A Little Bitty Tear
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?